4. New USAID Documents
The US Agency for International Development (USAID) has released the following new documents. All can be viewed and downloaded (and selected titles ordered) at: www.usaid.gov
- Children on the Brink 2004: A Joint Report of New Orphan Estimates and a Framework for Action. This presents the latest statistics on historical, current, and projected numbers of children under age 18 who have been orphaned by AIDS and other causes. (Also available in Spanish and French).
- Directory of Associations of People Living with HIV/AIDS, 2004. The second edition of this directory contains contact, membership, leadership, and activity information for more than 350 associations of people living with HIV/AIDS throughout the developing world. (Also available on CD-ROM).
- HIV/AIDS and Business in Africa, 2004 is an update of two previous publications, "The Impact of HIV/AIDS on African Business" and "How are African Businesses Responding?" Both documents were published in 2001.
- The AIDS Pandemic in the 21st Century, 2004 is a report that includes information on the impact of AIDS on mortality and population, and reviews the current status of the HIV/AIDS epidemics in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Conducting a Situation Analysis of Orphans and Vulnerable Children Affected by HIV/AIDS: A Framework and Resource Guide. This guide seeks to bring about a better understanding of the essential elements and outcomes of a situation analysis, in order to promote realistic, effective, and feasible interventions to protect and improve the well-being of the children and families most affected by the epidemic.
- Sub-National Distribution and Situation of Orphans: An Analysis of The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Focus Countries, 2004. This analysis provides information on the communities and living situations of orphaned children in PEPFAR focus countries, with which to develop national, targeted policies to care for them.